The Office of Research and Development (ORD) is responsible for promoting academic research and industry-academia research in NCUT. The ORD consists of the main office, three divisions, and three offices, including Academic Development Division (ADD), Industry-Academia Cooperation Division (IACD), the Internship and Career Services Division (ICSD), Project Office (PO), Office of Paradigm Technological University (OPTU), and Office of Institutional Research (OIR).
The main duties and responsibilities
1. Academic Development Division (ADD)
Encouraging teachers’ dedications, and involvement in academic R&D, enhancing the capabilities of teachers’ technical teams, transacting all business relating to government research projects and other relevant academic development projects.
2. Industry-Academia Cooperation Division (IACD)
Building and managing a positive industry-academia environment, administering all types of industry-government-academia cooperation projects, assisting technology commercialization and volume production technology service and other industry-academia cooperation, administering project grants for teacher research teams.
3. Internship and Career Services Division (ICSD)
Implementing the goal of unity between study and practice; promoting internships; establishing as information platform for practicum opportunities; conducting skills assessment, career counseling, enterprise recruitment matchmaking, and graduate information management.
4. Office of Paradigm Technological University (OPTU)
In 2013, ORD had successfully applied the Paradigm Technological University Program funded by the Ministry of Education to support a wide-ranging program encompassing such activities as building and facilities renovation, and to enhance teaching and internship environment, personnel training and development, sustainable development strategy formulation, relevant policy-making and program evaluation.
The mission of OPTU is enhancing and fulfill personnel training mechanisms, encouraging teachers and students to engage in industry-academia R&D, developing and promulgating relevant regulation amendments and infrastructure.
5. Project Office (PO)
There are six main missions of ORP, including to arrange student internships and field trips, to provide students with information regarding technical certification exams and competitions, to revise medium and long-term plans of the school, to offer employment matching information service, facilitate company and alumni recruitment, and provide an employment counseling unit recruitment platform, to organize campus recruitment fairs; resume contests, and career navigation network competitions, and to conduct surveys of employer satisfaction with graduates, perform graduate flow tracking, and survey employment attitudes.
6. Office of Institutional Research (OIR)
There are six main missions of OIR, including data collection, statistical analysis and report writing of Institutional Research (IR), assisting to establish the integrated IR data base, analyzing IR data in order to facilitate the administrative survey and evaluation, designing IR survey questionnaire and offering the university management strategies based on the IR data analysis, assisting IR administrative business affairs, and other temporary administrative affairs.
1.In compliance with national policy to support and encourage teachers sharing their teaching and research experiences, to organize the research teams and to participate relative conferences or seminars for further information exchange.
2.Promoting the regular assessment system for teachers and constructing two systems of performance index, including Industry-Academia Cooperation (IAC) and Capacity of Technical Research and Development (CTRD) for the purpose to enhance the effectiveness of industry-academia cooperation.
3. To promote industry-academia cooperation by establishing the Industry-Government-Academy-Research Union. With the long-term development of a strong “teacher-school-enterprise” cooperative relationship by ORD, we endeavor to promote technical levels and create R&D innovation. In pursuing the goal of “being an outstanding industry- academia university in Central Taiwan”, ORD is focusing on its efforts on organizing every possible collaboration, providing professional technical advisory for local market, and offering personnel training services for SMEs in Central Taiwan. Furthermore, ORD regularly initiates innovative collaborations with industry, develops critical technologies, creates patent strategies, and expands overseas markets in order to seek out and foster long-term partnerships.
4. ORD also in charge of a long-term student survey on the issue of graduate employment rate and general employment satisfaction in order to provide effective career consulting services. Following the regular survey, our sequential work is to survey the feedback from enterprises as input for the reference of future curriculum and teaching strategies.
5.ORD strives for all kinds of resources on personnel training through industry-academia R&D collaborations from our internal 5 colleges in NCUT to develop a “pro-industry-academia” environment by amending appropriate regulations, and serves local enterprises through becoming an “Excellent Innovation-oriented Industrial University of Technology” based on the aim of building a world-class university of technology.